Pirganj CDP (Community Development Project) is one of the GNB (Good Neighbors Bangladesh) project, selected for the 2018 CDP Redesign [2nd phase]. They were starting their CDP Redesign work by End Project Evaluation from January 2018. 15 July 2018, they have completed their End Project Cycle Evaluation Exit meeting with the community. Main objectives of this meeting: CDP sector based officer shared their last 10 years’ activities achievement & how it helps to community development. Moreover, it was creating an opportunity to get feedback, suggestion, and recommendation for future planning of GNB and give thanks to the stakeholders for supporting in community development works of Meherpur CDP.
Feedback by community people:
- Md. Ekramul Haque [UP Chairman- 5no Saidpur UP] ___ “He first thanks to GNB for working in his area (5no Saidpur Union) last 10 years and also great full that in his community people more develop than others people of Pirganj Upazila. He also said that in this area people are very lucky because Good Neighbors Bangladesh Working in this community for developing the Education, Health, Income Generation, Awareness & Advocacy and Emergency response during any kinds of disaster. The Chairman also said he will give all kinds of support to the Organization for smoothly running the activities in future. He also requests to give more support to the community poor people like as previous and present.”
- Md. Gaziur Rahman [UP Member] said___ “In our area, people are very poor and also needy. GNB supporting in education, health and income generation purpose. I hope it will be continuing in future.”
- Mst. Kohinoor Begum [UP Member] said___ “women are not getting their rights in family and in the society. She thanks to GNB for established a cooperative with women and encourage them by giving support in IG and also Adult literacy.”
- Dr. Md. Najrul Islam [Upazila Health & Family Planning Officer] said___ “He thanks Good Neighbors for helping them by providing health support in this community. To Continue Health-related facilities for community people and also ensure the Medical Officer regularly in CDP and increased the health manpower. Also said to send community people to Upazila health complex and union sub-center for treatment. To take facility for increasing Institutional birth and ensure 100% ANC & PNC Checkup and also regularly collaborate with Govt. Health facilities. He also requests to GNB to expand the services in others community and if possible to arrange emergency transportation (Ambulance) for the community. He suggests establishing an EPI center in GNB Pirganj CDP Office. Finally, he requests to GNB to ensure the WASH management system in the community.”
- Md. Nirmal Kumar Goswami [Assistant Upazila Education Officer:] said___ “To protection of Child drop out and ensure the pass rate Good Neighbors Bangladesh supporting the community children by providing education materials, books, pen, notebooks, school bag, school dress and others. He also requests to GNB to ensuring the child-friendly environment in every school and need to keep the organization support in the plan. He also said to arrange regularly co-curriculum activities in school (like- handwriting, song, dance, sports & cultural program etc.).”
- Md. Gaziur Rahman [UP Member, 5no Saidpur Union Parishad] said___ “He is happy to see Good Neighbors Bangladesh work for the entire development of unprivileged people from 2009 to till now. He said Good Neighbors Bangladesh brought a great change among our community people in Education, Health, Economy, Advocacy and social awareness and he requests to increase Good Neighbors Bangladesh activities for bringing sustainable development among.”
Next course of action:
Pirganj CDP started their Redesign for better development in community level for the next five years. Community Exit meeting gives a brought view to understanding previous work result and community needs. Exit meeting outcomes will be given more emphasis in the next five years’ CDP planning. Community needs and expectations will be reflected in PPW (Project Planning Workbook), LogFrame & PPF (Project Planning Proposal). In addition, CDP will be done their baseline survey to set their target, to assess the progress towards the CDP goal and outcomes. After completing of redesign it will be helped CDPs their next phase of work.